Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Weight Loss Wednesday - #1

The Omada app keeps my information and updates daily.  But, I decided I'd schedule a weekly weight update here on the blog too.  The app is great for daily accountability, which I apparently needed more than I realized, but this weekly update here will help keep me accountable to my readers as well.  


I officially started using the app on February 12, 2023, so I'm technically about 3.5 weeks into this journey.   As of today, I've officially lost 5.3 pounds.   Honestly, I was at 7 pounds, and then we had out of town guests for a few days, and my eating was less structured.  However, when we went out to eat, I chose water as my beverage, and opted for salad, or added extra veggies to my meal.   I didn't really do that bad, but I can tell there's a lot more sodium in restaurant food, and I'm puffy.  I'll expect a bigger scale victory next week as I drop retained fluid from those days.

What has worked: Using the smaller plate and cup!   So simple, but yet effective.

What has been a struggle: Boredom.  Honestly, my biggest issue is getting bored and looking for snacks to break the boredom.  I have found that a banana with some dark chocolate dessert hummus is very satisfying.  

What has been your biggest struggle this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone

This week, I decided to do something different.  I went to the YMCA to exercise.  We've had a membership for years, and there for a whil...