Monday, March 13, 2023

Crustless Spinach Quiche Recipe

I'm making a conscious effort to try new foods.  Quiche wasn't necessarily on my list, but someone gave me a huge bag of fresh spinach from their garden, so I thought this would be an excellent way to use the spinach and try something new.  I was FLOORED at home spinach shrinks up in a saute pan!

I found a recipe online here, but had to adjust it to what I had on hand.  Below is what I actually used.

  • 1 tablespoon bacon grease
  • 1 medium onion - diced
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 5 large eggs
  • 2 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
  • 6 cups fresh spinach 
Preheat oven to 350.  Melt bacon grease in pan, the add onions and cook until tender.  Stir in garlic and spinach, saute until spinach wilts.

In a large bowl mix together eggs, salt, pepper and cheese.  Stir in onion/spinach mixture and fully combine.

Spray/grease a pie pan.  Pour mixture in and smooth/even out in pan.  Sprinkle with parsley.

Place on center rack and bake 30 minutes, or until eggs are set.  Let cool 10 minutes before serving.


This was such a delicious quiche!  Great for break or brunch, or even dinner for that matter.  I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone

This week, I decided to do something different.  I went to the YMCA to exercise.  We've had a membership for years, and there for a whil...