Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Weight Loss Wednesday #2

 


Last week, my total weight loss was 5.3 pounds, this week I'm down another 1.1 pounds for a total of 6.4 pounds lost!   Yesterday would have been a better day to post, apparently there is some hormonal weight retention going on today. (Hurry up menopause.)

What is working:  Tracking my food is really helping me.  I don't have to put calories, measurements or anything.  I do list what I had for each meal and snacks, then rate it as small, medium or large.  I also rate each meal as mostly healthy, somewhat healthy, or not very healthy.  This program focuses on realizing that weight loss is an ebb and flow and not a straight line up or down.   Since I'm not having to measure every single thing, it makes it more convenient - and more likely to keep up with.  My fruit and veggie consumption is tracked by the program, and each week it tells me how many servings of each I've had.

What isn't working:  Eating out! We had out of town guests a few days this week and we ended up eating out.  I made good meal choices, and drank water each time.  One day we went to a Mexican restaurant, and I chose a fajita salad, and only ate the meat and veggies.  I left the yummy fried tortilla bowl.  The other meal, we went to a pizza/sub shop. I did order a sub, but got extra veggies on it and didn't eat the chips that came with it.  Those might not sound like big deals, but I'm not going to try to fool myself into thinking I'm never going to eat certain things.  I made choices that still worked with my goals, but didn't make me feel like I'd "fallen off the wagon" and blown it.    The part that didn't work, is just the amount of sodium that was in the restaurant food.  I was very puffy for a couple days from extra water retention, but that quickly cleared out.

How did you do this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone

This week, I decided to do something different.  I went to the YMCA to exercise.  We've had a membership for years, and there for a whil...