Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Weight Loss Wednesday #5

 

As of last week, I was down a total of 11.3 pounds.  This week the scale shows I've gained 3.2 pounds, so I'm back to a loss of 8.1 pounds.   I know a great deal of that is water retention due to having had a lot of sweets and saltier foods this past weekend, but it was my birthday and I enjoyed food without guilt.

What's Working: Portion control.  My family took me out to dinner one night for my birthday, and I deliberately picked a restaurant that is known for small portions (but excellent, flavorful food).  I also chose to eat a salad and fruit salad at my surprise birthday party, so I could enjoy cake without quilt.

What's Not Working: Eating out in general.  I've cut back on my salt intake a great deal to help lower my blood pressure.  When I go out to eat, some things that I used to enjoy are just too salty.  Honestly, I have two more lunch outings scheduled with friends this week, and while I do look forward to the time with them, the food isn't sounding appealing at all.  Hopefully there are some good salad options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone

This week, I decided to do something different.  I went to the YMCA to exercise.  We've had a membership for years, and there for a whil...