Friday, March 24, 2023

Headed in the Right Direction

Let me preface this post with, I am not a go to the doctor for every little thing person.  Truth be told, I don't go very often.  Being overweight tends to bring some health issues with it, such as diabetes and high blood pressure, which can come with their own issues.   In my endeavor to lose weight, regain mobility and functionality and strive for overall better health, I did schedule an appointment.

What I found out, is that my A1C is GREAT!  I'm not even pre-diabetic, praise the Lord!  All of my blood work came back in the normal range for that matter. 

My blood pressure, is however, elevated.  Unfortunately, we have found, by trial and error, that my body does not like blood pressure medicine.  I've had allergic reaction to 3 out of the 4 types of meds, one of which was a pretty severe reaction.

We've found that diuretics work, but depleted my potassium and magnesium, causing almost debilitating fatigue.  Once I figured that out and added supplements into my diet, the fatigue has subsided and I'm back in the land of the moving off the sofa club.  My blood work showed that my potassium is still on the low end of normal, so I will work on adding more foods that will increase that.  The magnesium is on the high end of normal, so I'll cut that supplement in half moving ahead.

I'm headed in the right direction to better health, not just a smaller waist line. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone

This week, I decided to do something different.  I went to the YMCA to exercise.  We've had a membership for years, and there for a whil...